11.21.2011

Crochet Snowflakes

HELLO!!!

I'm still alive. I know I have been MIA for the last couple weeks. I was sick for what seems like forever. I was on a medication {for something unrelated to my cold} that gave me some funky side effects. I basically felt like I was in a fog for days. And lets face it, I've been lazy...and kinda busy...kinda. But I'm back! Woot!

So remember at the beginning of October I said I was going to follow this Crochet School?? Yeah well, I only made it half-way through and I dropped out. EEK! I'm a sorry drop out. I sucked at it. Not at the crocheting part, but I couldn't count stitches for some reason. Every row I did I lost a stitch somewhere. So instead of a nice rectangular block or stitches, I had a triangle :-(  I even had my mom {expert} try and show me. Yeah, I still suck. BUT, my mom did show me how to make a basic granny square, that I've since forgotten, and I was pretty good at that. Point to the story is, I found this pattern to make snowflakes the other day and thought I would give it a shot. Turns out I can read and follow a pattern all by myself with NO mommy-help-me phone calls and NO google! As long as I stick to crocheting in the round I might do okay with it...which is okay with me! I'll just stick to knitting for anything that involves rows.



You can find the pattern I used here at Attic 24

They were so super easy. I'm thinking of making a bunch of them while I watch tv and stringing them together for some garland. Sound good?

Much Love~
Meredith

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I have been looking for a fun and easy Christmas crochet project! This looks great and I love your idea of making lots of these and stringing them like garland! Pinned :)

    Stephanie
    www.chocolatecoveredbuttons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are darling! Glad you found a project you can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I found you through Skip to My Lou. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!

Have a fantastic day!

P.S. I do my best to reply to every single comment I get, but if you are a no-reply blogger I can't see your email address to reply. Please change your settings so we can be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...