2.16.2012

{How Pinteresting} #1

NEW SERIES!!!! WOOT!!



I'm so excited about this because I think it will make me feel more productive. Now I won't have this amazing board of "To Do" projects, but an UH-MAZING collection of DONE projects :)

source

So first week....here's the pin I decided to make.

source
That image is super small. Wow. Sorry. This is as big as I can make it. Look at the source I pulled this from to see it bigger.

Anyway, isn't it awesome?!? A basket made from paper sacks. So cute!

I don't exactly have a million paper sacks laying around, so I used a lawn bag. Probably a better idea to use a lawn bag anyway because they are double layered and I feel it made my basket SUPER sturdy.

I'm not going to show you all the steps I took since the inspiration picture explains it pretty well. But I will tell you that I modified it a bit. I only did 3 rows instead of 4. I also didn't use all those paper clips to hold my rows in place...it was seriously difficult for me. I wanted a tightly woven basket, so I just hot glued where I felt it needed it. 


Bottom side
 The inspiration picture doesn't have measurements for how long the strips need to be, which is a total bummer. Mine ended up being a little too short to fold over and tuck in another row. But it worked out, I just glued an extra strip along the inside rim to hide the ends where I folded them down! Worked like a charm! And it seems to have given an extra wee bit of strength at the top. Win!

Mr Perfect says "Hey, that's a pretty nice looking basket". I'm like, "For reals!" Then he says (in a voice that sounded excited, sorta) "Where you gonna put it?" ....he anxiously waits... Me, "I don't know" ....crickets....
I think he was a little disappointed I didn't have some magical answer haha
After he left the room I looked over at the pitiful side table and saw all the remotes everywhere. Light bulb! So my cute little lawn bag basket is now serving as a remote corral. That table was screaming for some attention....it's very sad.



I'm going to give this project a B. I love how cute it is. I love that it's recycled. I love that it's super sturdy and not floppy. I don't like having to guess measurements on something and then have it not work exactly the way it should.

As an added bonus, I still have the other half of my lawn bag, so I just might make another one!

You can check out all my pins on Pinterest.  Any recommendations on what you want to see me do for next week??


Signature

Visit thecsiproject.com

Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. Very cute. I saw that project too and wanted to do something with it. I was thinking of using it to corral all the coffee packets in the cabinet in the kitchen. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh it's perfect! Like something out of a boutique! I want to make one now. :) We need a place to put our remotes too, that's a great idea.

    Oh the possibilities...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this same post on pinterest and this basket is on my to do list. You did a wonderful job! I found your blog on sassy sites...and let me tell you, I'm so happy! I love your
    Tuesday sewing tips...My favorite is the double stick tape when attaching small items! I'm your newest GFC follower. I'd love for you to come visit my blog sometiime! Have a great weekend!

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! I totally <3 recycling and this little basket is incredible. Bravo!
    Igottacreate.blogspot.com
    "Kiss Me I'm Irish" linky party now open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How incredibly cool is this! Love the idea of up cycling something in to something more beautiful. What a great idea and a great basket. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you featured at delicateCONSTRUCTION and came on over. I love this! I'm trying to think of something I could use one of these for, because I really want to make one now!

    Erin
    takingtimetocreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out so perfect! Thank you so much for sharing this on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust. Please do come back again next Friday.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it!! I saw this on Pinterest too...yours turned out great!

    Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'. I'll be featuring you tomorrow, so be sure to stop by and grab a 'featured' button!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is super cute! I'm going to pin yours and try to make my own!!! I'm always looking for baskets-now I can make my own for super cheap!! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm dropping by as the guest judge on The CSI Project this week. I absolutely love how this turned out. I think it makes a perfect remote holder. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously LOVE pinterest. What a great project. You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't this awesome?!?! I love how wide you made your strips. It makes it look very neat and tidy! I actually just made one too, but found my inspiration a long time ago on a blog of someone who had done it with newspaper....check out my finished one!

    http://palmettosandpigtails.com/2012/03/26/brown-paper-basket/

    Shara @ Palmettos and Pigtails

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!

Have a fantastic day!

P.S. I do my best to reply to every single comment I get, but if you are a no-reply blogger I can't see your email address to reply. Please change your settings so we can be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...